Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman

Ok, so I just saw Snow White and the Huntsman last night, and it was actually pretty good. Since I'm a dude, I'm not really a fan of the Disney princesses, but this was not like Disney's Snow White. The main character is the same, and there's a poisoned apple and the whole awakened by true love's kiss thing in there, but that's pretty much where the similarities end. Especially considering that it's Snow White, it was pretty dark, which is a good thing. The villain was pretty evil, and actually tough, so that's cool. The Huntsman dude was also pretty cool and killed a bunch of people with a battle axe, so that's good enough for me. The only thing I didn't quite buy about the whole thing is the "goodness and purity will defeat evil" bit. Goodness and purity are fine, but I think you really need some other things too like combat skills, depending on the situation. It also bothered me a little bit when she didn't kill someone that she really should've. Or I suppose there's also one other thing I don't quite get. Snow White spent most of her life in prison, so how does she know how to do stuff like sliding into a sewer drain thing and escape the city? Those aren't really huge things though. Overall, I thought it was a good movie. Final Verdict: This movie gets 3.5 poisoned apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment